Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blog Post 6: Design and Analysis of My New Diet

My 1 Day Diet Plan

My Planned Meals

Breakfast
Granola with Raisins - 1 cup
Skim Milk - 1/2 cup
Fruit Salad - 1 cup
Black Tea - 12 ounces

Lunch
BBQ Bourbon Chicken - 2 ounces
Salad with Carrots, Celery, Chickpeas and Balsamic Vinaigrette - 2 cups
Yogurt with Fruit and Granola - 1/2 cup
Water - 2 cups
Calcium and Vitamin D Fortified Orange Juice - 1 cup

Dinner
Wheat Bread - 2 slices
Lettuce- 2 pieces
Sliced Turkey - 2 ounces
Cheddar Cheese - 2 slices
Cranberry Juice - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup

Snacks
Apple
Water

Analysis of My New Diet


The bar graph shows that I've gotten better in most areas but I still need to increase my Vitamin D. I've gotten so much more nutrients with the healthy choices I made that day.


But according to MyPlate, I am not getting enough grains, vegetables, or milk and yogurt. So, I do need to monitor that I am getting ALL of the food groups and not just some.



No comments:

Post a Comment